Posts Tagged ‘datuk ismail ibrahim’

  1. Move to strengthen Iskandar development region


    October 24, 2016 by iskandarinsider


    ISKANDAR PUTERI: Medini Iskandar Malaysia is in the midst of developing its global research initiative to strengthen Iskandar development region for the next 100 years.

    Dubbed Medini Iskandar Malaysia, it would be the Malaysia Biennial 100 Years City’s (Malaysia Biennial 100YC) first destination partner, researching models for the vibrant and sustainable urban development of Medini.

    Click to Read Full Article ->

  2. IRDA confident of achieving RM383bil investment target by 2025


    June 8, 2016 by iskandarinsider


    JOHOR BAHRU: Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA) is confident of achieving the RM383bil investment target by 2025, despite facing challenges and unfavourable economic situation since its inception 10 years ago.

    Chief executive officer Datuk Ismail Ibrahim said while the journey for the country’s first economic growth corridor was not smooth sailing along the way, nevertheless it was able to overcome the choppy conditions.

    Click to Read Full Article ->

  3. Investment haven in the making


    May 9, 2016 by iskandarinsider


    KUALA LUMPUR: Iskandar Malaysia in Johor is moving closer towards becoming a sustainable “international metropolis”, and spurring economic developments that actuate Malaysia’s global potential.   Analysts and industry observers are unanimous in that the business region is poised to be a haven for investments. After being left behind by property booms in Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Hong Kong and China over the years, Iskandar Malaysia is set to be one of the world’s fastest growing economic regions in the next 10 years. According to Iskandar Regional Development Authority (Irda) chief executive Datuk Ismail Ibrahim, the economic region, which is three times bigger than Singapore, had accumulated a total of RM202.45 billion in committed investments from 2006 until March. “Of the total, 51 per cent, or RM103.50 billion, represents investments that have been realised,” he told Business Times. Ismail said foreign investors contributed RM81.01 billion, or 40 per cent, to the total cumulative committed investments, while the remaining 60 per cent, or RM121.44 billion, was from local investors. PropertyGuru Malaysia country manager Sheldon Fernandez said many quarters’ perception of Iskandar Malaysia in the past was somewhat misguided. “The success of Iskandar Malaysia should not be viewed purely from the performance of its property market in the short term, but rather on a longer 10 to 20-year horizon and must include all its other components — industrial, commercial, business, foreign investments, technology and innovation,” he said. Sheldon added that the rise of Iskandar Malaysia should be viewed from how it transformed the landscape — bringing with it socio-economic prosperity to Johor and the southern region, with property forming only a part of the picture. “Such developments don’t happen overnight.

    Click to Read Full Article ->

  4. Reaching out to local communities


    April 27, 2016 by iskandarinsider


    JOHOR BAHRU: Iskandar Malaysia Regional Development Authority (Irda) will continue to engage and reach out to the local communities residing within Iskandar Malaysia from time to time.

    Mentri Besar Datuk Mohamed Khaled Nordin said this was important to ensure that the ordinary folk were aware of the progress and development taking place within the economic growth corridor.

    He said continuous efforts must be made by the Iskandar Malaysia stakeholders via their programmes and initiatives tailored for the local communities which would benefit them in the long run.

    “We have to change the perception that Iskandar Malaysia is only about big investments where locals are not benefiting from the influx of domestic and foreign investors,” Mohamed Khaled said.

    He said this following the launch of Iskandar Malaysia Open Day 2016 and the unveiling of its tenth anniversary logo at Komtar JBCC shopping complex here.

    Click to Read Full Article ->

  5. Transforming JB city centre


    July 11, 2013 by iskandarinsider2


    JOHOR BARU: Johor Baru city centre is set to transform itself into a vibrant place within the next five to seven years under the multi-billion ringgit transformation project.

    Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin said the revitalisation and rejuvenation of Sungai Segget which started last month marked the ambitious plan to transform the city centre.

    He said Iskandar Regional Development Authority (Irda) and Johor Baru City Council (MBJB) task to monitor the implementation of the project must ensure it would take place as scheduled.

    Click to Read Full Article ->

Email w/ Your Name, Mobile Number & Project Name that you interested in. We will forward it to our associates to serve you.

Search This Site